Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SOTD - NIN/Discipline

SOTD? It's the Song Of The Day, a new feature that I'll be trying out here at the Ear.

Today's song is Discipline by Nine Inch Nails. I don't have much to say about the song itself. In fact, it is pretty run of the mill NIN stuff.

The noteworthy part is how it has been delivered to the world. My understanding is that the song was very recently recorded and then rushed out into cyberspace and radiowaves. Here is the coolest part. It's free! Trent is giving away new music less than a month after the release of a double album. And it gets better. Not only is the song free, so are the multitrack files for people to remix. I've written extensively about NIN and the marketing and artistic experiments they have been trying lately, and I continue to be amazed and surprised by the bold directions that this band has been going. Keep me on my toes trent.

Listen to Discipline

Download Discipline

1 comment:

Kyle said...

this has nothing to do with your post, but i figured i'd just reply to yours. indeed your blog inspired me to get mine going (as well as a couple other influences).

which reminds me that i probably have some good college stories...