Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Countdown To The Cure

I am so bummed that I will be missing the Cure as they play through the states this year. I have not missed a tour since I saw them on the Wish Tour in 1992. I was too slow on the uptake to get tickets and the second hand dealers had prices that were not acceptable. That doesn't mean that there is nothing to look forward to. This Tuesday saw the release of the first of four pre-album singles to be released this summer. The album comes out in September and is rumored to possibly be a double album. That makes for a whole lot of new Cure songs when you factor in the b-sides from the four singles. So, all is not lost in missing the tour this summer. The .com era has helped keep me up with what I might be missing. Many of the shows have been posted on various torrent sights and there is all sorts of footage that turns up on you-tube. Here is a link to a very good amature shot of the new song The Perfect Boy. Here is a link to the video for the most recent single The Only One as well. Robert is as bloated as ever, but he can still rock pretty hard for a guy that will be 50 next year. They are playing three hour sets on this tour! And what is up with that tattoo on Porl's head?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SEE THEM ON JUNE 8th!!!

Not to rub it in or anything. :-)