Monday, February 9, 2009

Sanctuary Radio

The Goth movement is undead. It has simply branched and grown, much like any other living and healthy entity. Sanctuary Radio is a great resource for classic and modern Goth, Industrial, EBM, Electro, and Darkwave. I found it in my iTunes radio options under the alternative folder. You can also listen online at their homepage. Give it a listen for a little while.

If nothing else, starting and celebrating Goth History Month at the EarCandy inspires me to dig back into the music that was such a huge part of my past and reminisce about the times spent discovering and absorbing these tunes. Beyond that I am rediscovering what initially drew me to it and rekindling the hunger to seek out what is new.

Listening to Sanctuary this evening has been like reliving Thursday nights at Gotham, or Flux at the Webster Underground. Who knew sad music could make you want to dance?

No comments: